Transfer Information


Transfering to FSU

Students interested in transferring to FSU should visit our admission’s website.

Transient Courses

‘Transient Students’ are FSU students who’re granted permission to take a course at another institution and then transfer the credits back. Current majors in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry are generally discouraged from taking lower-level courses required for the major as transient students unless taken over the summer in order to meet milestones in their MAP. For more information about applying to be a transient student, contact your advisor.

All upper-level chemistry courses (i.e. courses at the 3000 or 4000 level) applied toward any of the department’s majors must be taken at Florida State University, unless specifically exempted by the chair by written request. Students planning to transfer to Florida State University, either as a transfer or transient student, should make note of this requirement.

Advanced Placement

Students with an Advanced Placement (AP) score of 3 will receive four semester hours of credit in CHM 1020 and 1020L; an AP score of 4 earns the student credit for CHM 1045 and 1045L; an AP score of 5 earns the student credit for CHM 1045, 1045L, 1046, and 1046L. However, we recommend that all students start the chemisty sequence at the beginning (CHM 1045 or 1050) regardless of earned credit.